-

Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday: Hello High Line Park! or Rock on Diller Scofidio + Renfro and James Corner Field Operations!


Finally it stopped raining long enough for us to check out the newly opened High Line Park. I think this is the best urban park I have been to! It was amazinging! There are such amazing privileged views you get from up there. That alone makes it a must see. But the really great pleasant surprise is that the architectural and landscape design is actually most impressive and expertly done. I'm so glad to see how far Diller and Scofidio have come since their 'talkitecture' days back when I was still in architecture school. This work is really quite successful and really makes me excited to see more works from D&S in the city (I know they've got a few things in the works still). Please check it out if you're able, and if not check out these photos I took! By the way, yes, there was a line, but it moved instantly, so there was really NO wait. Do not worry.

No comments: